I am a Web Developer with 15 years of professional experience, favoring simple and efficient tools in day-to-day work.
- Independent Web Developer (2016 - present)
Leads software development for multiple initiatives at GET Inc and Inspiration Labs LLC.
- Senior Ruby Developer (contractor) at Altmetric (2014-2015)
- Co-developed Bookmetrix.com web application and API for Springer Science+Business Media;
- Created data mining tools for Bookmetrix API to build a database of 4 million books & chapters.
- Worked on a news tracking tool, which discovers references to scholarly content in new stories posted all over the world;
- Improved Altmetric API with an extensive array of tests, code style checks, and module-based design.
- Lead Developer (contractor) at Money Advice Service (2014)
- Led a team of 15 developers;
- Carried out code reviews, pairing, and mentoring for junior-level team members;
- Developed internal tools using Google Analytics & BigQuery API for internal data warehouse;
- Optimised site performance, build, and deployment tools;
- Independent Web Developer (2010 – 2013)
- Managed all software development aspects for for GoalSmashers.com
- Contracted as a Web Developer for Job and Talent
- Contracted as a Web Developer for Viewzi
- Software Developer (contractor) at Wimdu GmbH (2013)
- Implemented gamification framework for hosts offering apartments rentals which in turn helped Wimdu improve offers' quality and booking ability;
- Built Instant Booking checkout for a hotel-like booking experience;
- Improved fraud detection and adding new credit card fraud rules;
- Improved Wimdu code base via code refactorings, pull request reviews, and pairing sessions;
- Web Developer (contractor) at The App Business (2012)
- Designed a server side architecture for Flavor iOS application for Knorr;
- Developed scalable backend API based on Rails + MongoDB + Resque + Heroku stack;
- Created performance tests suite verifying app scalability under heavy load scenarios;
- Software Developer at Lunar Logic (2009-2010)
- Developed and maintained front-end code for SaySo.com - EU-wide social network;
- Developed new back-end features using Ruby on Rails;
- Developed Facebook API integration for managing user profiles;
- Optimized application for cross browser and cross platform compatibility.
- Software Developer at Sabre Holdings (2006-2009)
- Led development of Vacation Studio add on designed for maintaining trip proposals;
- Managed development team and cooperation with QA team to met delivery deadlines.
- Maintained Java/JSP code in mySabre booking portal;
- Developed and maintained Vacation Studio - booking tool for American leisure market;
- Improved internal development process by writing (subsequently open sourced) Jetty-Ant plugin for rapid test-deploy development cycles.
- Java Developer at ZST-Softel (2005-2006)
- Web Developer at Pate Media (2003-2005)
- Master of Science at Jagiellonian University in Krakow
- Graduated with honours in Physics major, Computer Science minor
- Ana Castro, Software Developer at Altmetric
I had the pleasure to work with Jakub while developing the new news tracking tool at Altmetric. Amongst other things, Jakub developed the web scraping tool which allowed us to acquire non standard content. He also brought a wealth of knowledge for frontend development and his attention to detail is impressive. He is dedicated, diligent and at the same time a joy to work with. It would be my pleasure to work with Jakub again in the future.
- Matthew MacLeod, Senior Software Developer at Altmetric
- Jason Green, CTO at Wimdu
Jakub is a really experienced Rails developer, a really great guy and an asset to any team he works in. He is really motivated, ships great code and is a pleasure to work with. I would not hesitate to recommend him
- Marco Sero, Software Engineer at The App Business
I worked with Jakub for just 2 months, but I can definitely say he's one of the most talented developers I ever met. He works very fast and he considers every behaviour of the application, writing beautiful, reusable and tested code. Moreover, he's a very nice person and I really enjoyed interacting with him.
- Paul Klipp, Director / Owner at Lunar Logic
I was always highly impressed with Mr Pawłowicz's work ethic, professionalism, and problem-solving abilities. Because our process involves close coordination with our clients, the ability of team members to communication and collaborate well is crucial, and Jakub could always be trusted to make a great impression on our clients while providing excellent service.
- Andrzej Kubicz, Director at Sabre Poland
Jakub is an excellent developer and great person to work with. He made a significant impact to the Sabre Poland team. Wish to work with him again.